Fairview Church

The Fairview Church of God dates back all the way to 1941 when a 17 year old preacher named Merrill Akins. The fire of God fell on a week-long revival and there began the Fairview Church of God. 


Theodore and Margaret Durham donated half an acre of land to the building of the first church. After a tragic fire in 1962, the Fairview Church of God held worship in members homes before renting Payne Chapel. 


In 1968, Ollie A. Bethune became the new pastor. He took the briar patch that was left from the fire and built the new church standing today along with 2 additions through the years. 


O.A. and his wife Evelyn led the people of Fairview Church of God for 45 years into the presence of God. They loved everyone who walked through the doors and truly demonstrated the Kingdom of Heaven inside and out of the building. 


In 2013, Pastor O.A. Bethune retired from his lead pastor role at Fairview Church of God. He and his wife Evelyn continued attending the church. Their love for people was just as strong as it was when they began their journey in 1968. 


In the fall of 2020, O.A. Bethune received his heavenly reward as he went home to be with our Lord Jesus. His legacy of love lives on in the members of Fairview Church. Each day, we strive to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ and to love others. 
Pastor O.A. and Evelyn Bethune

A Legacy of Love